So you’re interested in purchasing one of the Best electric scooters for kids? There are many to choose from and the task can seem a little overwhelming. We are here to make your decision a little easier. We have looked around and compiled a list of the best rated electric scooters that are sure to be a hit with your kids and maybe even the adults in your house.
Before you buy here are a few things to consider when evaluating which one to purchase;
User Size: Make sure to pay close attention to the specifications so that you make sure you get one that can hold the weight of the riders that will be using the scooter.
Range: Pay close attention to the range of the scooter. Some scooters can go up to 10 miles while some are only rated for around 30 minutes. Pay attention to the range and how your rider will be using the scooter. Will they get going a far distance or just playing in the yard? This makes a big difference in the overall satisfaction with your new scooter.
Speed: Electric Scooters come have varying speeds that they can go. Some top out at 5 MPH while others can get up to 30+ MPH. Make sure you match up your scooter with the riders ability to control it and have fun with it. Typically the older the rider the more they enjoy (and need) higher speeds.
Terrain: Terrain will have a lot to do with user satisfaction when it comes to electric scooters. If the area you will be using your scooter in is relatively flat any scooter should do the trick. If you are in an area with more hills and valleys you will want to consider a more powerful scooter. The higher the power the better so that you are able to navigate the hills.
Here is our list of the Best Electric Scooters for Kids
Cutting through the clutter of cheap scooters, comes the superior range of UberScoot, formerly Evo from Puzey Design. Through state-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques, the new generation of boards have taken a technological leap and are loaded with innovative features that make all other brands of scooters seem obsolete.
Drive System: Chain
Motor: 1000 Watt
Batteries: Three 12V/12AH (36 volt system)
Economy Mode Button – Conserve Battery Life
Battery Life: 250 cycles
Charger Included: Yes
Charging Time: 4-8 hours
Brakes: Front & Rear Disc
Tires/Front: 10 inch Pneumatic Street Tire
Tires/Rear: 10 inch Pneumatic Street Tire
Max load: 265 lbs
Max Range: 10 miles per charge (weight dependent)
Seat Included: Yes, Quick Release
Fold-able: Yes, Posi Lock
Carton Size: 46x13x18 inches 99lbs
Product Size: Length 44in, Height 42in
Product Weight: 79lbs
Warranty: 60 Days, Parts Replacement
Cruise around the neighborhood in style with the Razor E125 electric scooter. Boasting a chain-driven, high-torque motor, and a handy twist-grip throttle, the E125 is the perfect device for pre-teens and teens wanting to zip over to a friend’s house or head to the park. Unlike Razor’s E300S and E500S scooters–whose motors start from a standing position–the E125 requires a small manual kickoff to 3 miles per hour before starting (the rider presses a trigger to engage the motor). Once the rider is on the move, however, the electric motor ramps up to 10 miles per hour–fast enough to have fun, but not fast enough to be a menace on the street or sidewalk. And thanks to the long-life rechargeable battery, which takes about eight hours to fully charge, riders can cruise for up to 40 minutes at a stretch.
Other details include a folding handlebar mechanism for easy storage and transport, an 8-inch pneumatic front tire and 4.9-inch polyurethane rear wheel, and a hand-operated front brake. The E125 is recommended for ages 8 and older and offers a maximum weight capacity of 120 pounds. It also comes with a pair of 12-volt batteries, a charger, and tools and is backed by a 90-day warranty. The buyer and rider of the E125 scooter are responsible for knowing and obeying all local, state, and federal regulations regarding the riding and use of scooters.
- For ages 8+
- 120-pound weight limit
- Can reach speeds up to 10 miles per hour
- Up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- Features a chain-driven, high-torque motor
- Twist-grip throttle
- 125mm polyurethane rear wheel
- Rechargeable battery
- Hand-operated front brake
- 8-inch pneumatic front tire
Now your kids can safely, quietly and effectively drive themselves with the Razor E100 Electric Scooter! Give your child the power to zip around the neighborhood, ride to the park or visit a friend at speeds up to 10 MPH with the most trusted electric scooter on the market. The thrill of power meets cutting-edge technology with this kid-sized ride. The environmentally-friendly electric power engages a super quiet chain driven motor- great for you, your kids and your neighbors! The E100 offers up to 40 minutes of continuous use and features simple, twist-grip acceleration control. Razor offers a range of electric scooters for ages eight (E100) to adult (E200 and E300).
Cruise the side streets in style with this Euro-style electric scooter from Razor. Featuring a high-performance, chain-driven electric motor and a vintage-inspired body, the Pocket Mod can reach speeds of up to 15 miles per hour–plenty fast enough for a quick trip to the corner store or a fun ride in the country. The scooter also teams a pair of 12-inch pneumatic tires with a rear suspension system to ensure a comfortable ride. Other features include a retractable kickstand, variable-speed acceleration, a padded seat, and a built-in battery that travels for up to 10 miles on a single charge.
The Pocket Mod, which is designed for ages 12 and up and offers a weight maximum of 150 pounds, is also backed by a 90-day warranty.
- High-performance electric motor
- Can travel up to 10 miles on a single charge
- Can reach speeds up to 15 miles per hour
- Scaled-down classic scooter design
- Single speed, chain-driven motor for maximum power transfer
- Pneumatic tires for a smooth ride
- Retractable center-mount kickstand
- Storage compartment under seat
- For ages 12+
- 150-pound weight limit
With a larger deck, frame and tires for older teen and adult riders, the Razor E300 is Razor’s speediest electric scooter – traveling up to 15 miles per hour. This environmentally-friendly electric power engages a super-quiet, chain-driven motor – likely applauded by neighbors everywhere. High Torque Motor with speeds up to 15mph. Twist Grip Throttle Acceleration Control. – Weight Limit: 220 lbs – Assembled Product Dimensions: 41″ x 17″ x 42″ – Product Weight: 52 lbs – Up to 45 minutes of Continuous Use
- Cool electric scooter with super-size deck and frame for riders 12 and older
- Reaches speeds of up to 15 mph thanks to high-performance, chain-driven motor
- Extra-wide 10-inch pneumatic tires and super-quiet motor deliver smooth ride
- Twist-grip throttle offers variable speed acceleration; includes charger and tools
- Initial charge time: 12 hours. Charge the battery prior to use.
- Recharge time: Up to 12 hours, even if the light turns green. Recommended maximum charging time is 24 hours.
- Run time: Up to 40 minutes of continuous ride time. Run time may vary depending on riding conditions, climate and/or proper maintenance.
- The new E1013-100 Electric Scooter using the latest technology and high-quality materials
- adjusting handlebars and Battery Charger included
- The E1013-100 electric scooter is designed for ages 6-14 with a kid-sized deck and frame
- Powerful E1013-100 electric scooter reaches speeds of up to 12mph
- CE/ROHS Certificated Scooter
ENJOYBOT FOLDING ELECTRIC SCOOTER- Enjoy Ride, Enjoy Fun.
OUR FOLDING ELECTRIC SCOOTER is very well built and safe for use by both adults and children. This makes a great way to get to work or school while saving lots of money on gas and wear and tear on your car, It also works well for taking to nearby shopping areas, just right for car train, bus. The way this scooter folds up makes it very easy to carry in your car or on public transportation. Or fold the scooter and place it in your trunk, hatchback, or back seat.
CONVENIENT HANDLEBAR CONTROLS make this scooter very easy to operate. Includes a convenient power switch and throttle control mounted on the handlebars. Use the throttle to power the scooter. Also, a rugged handbrake that helps you stop the scooter safely and securely.
- Model: H3/H3Pro
- Frame: Carbon Fiber
- Max. Load: 220lbs
- Max. speed:16mph
- Battery: 24V 96Wh / 24V 158Wh
- Max. Range:8miles/18miles
- Motor: 24V/250W
- Input: DC 29.4V 2A
- Charge Time: Approx. 2hrs
- Net Weight: 15lbs/16.7lbs
- Folding Dimensions: 39.4*15.9*9.3inches
The Power Core E90 is upping the ante for electric scooters once again, rolling out a ridiculous 80 minutes of continuous ride time and fifty-percent more muscle power. Its innovative hub motor delivers a more efficient, maintenance free ride, while the steel frame, lighter weight and increased torque take performance to the next level.
- New power core Technology and design features 2x the increased ride Time and 50% more power than the original Razor E90
- Maintenance free with no Alignment, no chain, and no chain tensioner needed
- Speeds up to 10 mph with up to 80 minutes of continuous use
- Features a kick start, high-torque hub motor, push-button throttle, hand-operated front fender brake, urethane front wheel, and retractable kickstand
- Recommended for ages 8 and up; supports riders up to 120 pounds
Get around with power and style on this cool electric scooter by Razor. Featuring a super-size deck and frame for riders of all sizes, the E300 can reach speeds of up to 15 miles per hour thanks to its high-performance, ultra-quiet chain-drive motor. The scooter also includes a pair of extra-wide 10-inch pneumatic tires to ensure a smooth ride while you zip around the neighborhood.
The charger and tools are included with the E300, though riders should note that some assembly is required. Other details include single speed drive chain, a twist-grip throttle, and a rechargeable battery that delivers up to 45 minutes of continuous use per charge (the battery requires roughly eight hours of charge time).
The E300, which offers a weight maximum of 220 pounds, is also backed by a 90-day warranty.
- Super-sized deck and frame for riders of almost all sizes
- High-performance, single-speed, quiet chain-driven motor for speeds up to 15 miles per hour
- Twist-grip acceleration control
- Hand-operated rear brake
- Extra-wide 10″ pneumatic front and rear tires for smooth ride
- Includes two 12-volt sealed lead acid batteries, battery charger, and tools
- Up to 45 minutes of continuous riding per charge
- Battery charge time of 8 hours
- Maximum rider weight: 220 pounds
- Safety equipment such as helmet, elbow pads, and knee pads are recommended
- Measures 41 inches long by 17 inches wide by 42 inches tall
Aosom electric scooters come equipped with everything you need to satisfy a child’s need for speed. They’re the exciting way to get around on neighborhood streets and sidewalks. Just step up, twist the throttle and you’re off! It’s that simple to have a blast on the go. Designed for ages seven and up, with its kid-sized deck and frame. With a zippy top speed of 7.5 mph and quiet motor, they’re great for both thrill-seeking children and their peace-and-quiet minded neighbors. When you’re not using the scooter, it folds easily for transport and storage into any vehicle or closet. Get up to speed with the exciting world of electric scooters with Aosom!
– Top speed of 7.5 mph makes it suitable for younger riders
– 20 flashing red LED lights on both sides of the deck for a cool light-up effect
– Folding function for simple storage and transport
– 6-8 hours charging time offers 6.2 miles to 9.3 miles of riding distance
– Adjustable handlebar height (36″- 37.5″) for a variety of users
– Hand-operated front brake to ensure safety
– Retractable kickstand for easy parking or storing of your scooter
– With CE, EN71, ASTM, ETL certification
– Charger included
– Assembly is required