So you’re looking for the best pocket bikes for your child. There are so many to choose from that it can get very confusing. There are many options, styles, colors, sizes etc. We are here to help you navigate all your options and give you a great list of mini bikes to choose from.
Before you check out our list here are a few things to consider when trying to purchase the best pockets bikes;
Gas vs. Electric
Gas mini bikes run on gasoline. They need to be refueled when the gas tank runs out. Many people prefer gas bikes because they tend to go faster than electric bikes and because they have an engine that can be revved. Electric mini bikes run on a battery that has to be charged occasionally. Many people prefer electric bikes because they are noiseless and don’t require fuel.
Amount of Horsepower
There is a wide range of power options for pocket bikes. Make sure you pay attention to how powerful the bike is. Adults and experienced riders can handle higher speeds while new or beginner in bike riders will require a bike that is not as fast. Some pockets bikes can reach speeds of over 30 MPH. Pay Attention to this when picking out your bike.
Minibikes come in a variety of styles and brands and the type of mini bike that a consumer purchases is largely based on preference. Pocket bikes and mini bikes can look like traditional street races, trail bikes, dirt bikes, cruisers and more. Spend some time researching the different brands and styles of mini bikes to ensure the best choice for you. Also, talk to the person you are purchasing for to make sure that the style you select is the one that they want.
Always pay attention to the age recommendations from the manufacturer. Certain bikes are made for people of a particular ability and size. These recommendations are meant to keep the rider safe and should not be ignored. Each bike has different specs like, weight, speed, handling, etc. Paying attention to age recommendations will ensure the safest possible riding experience for the driver.
Our List of the Best Pocket Bike and Best Mini Bikes
The Coleman Trail200U (CT200U) is a nostalgic, reliable, affordable off-road trail mini bike that will take an adult back to their childhood. The Coleman mini bike will provide years of fun on the trail for the entire family. It comes with easy pull start operation, 196cc engine, low-pressure tires for a soft and stable ride, rugged and proven clutch, jackshaft, and chain drive along with rear drum – handle operated braking system.
4) XtremepowerUS 40CC 4-Stroke Gas Power Mini Pocket Motorcycle Ride-on, Blue/Black, EPA Certificated
- Minimum recommended age: 12 year-age
- Features standard with front & rear disc brakes and large 11 inch pneumatic street tires
- Max. rider weight: 165 lbs; Max Speed18 mph; Transmission: chain drive
- Motor: 40CC 4 Stroke EPA Approval; Fuel/Oil: >#90; Gas Tank: 1.2 liters; Cruising Range: 42 km per tank
- Overall Dimension: (L x W x H) 40″ x 18.5″ x 22.8″; Brakes: 1 disc front, 1 disc rear
- This pocket bike is ideal for providing driveway and parking lot commuting entertainment for children and teenagers 13 years and older. This mini pocket bike motorcycle is constructed with tube steel frame for extra stability.–Not for sale in California
- Pocket Bike Dimension: 35″ L x 17.5″ W x 20.5″ H; Seat Height: 16″
- Engine: 40CC 4 Stroke, EPA Approval; Engine start: T-pull start; Transmission: Chain drive
- Gas tank capacity: 0.32 Gallon; Cruising range: 26 miles per tank; Max Speed: 18 mph; Fuel/Oil: >#90
- Maximum support weight capacity: 165 Lbs; Throttle: Variable twist-grip; Handlebars: Angle Adjustable (Height cannot be adjusted); Seat: Padded single rider
Get out in the dirt with the MX350 Electric Motocross Bike from Razor’s Dirt Rocket line. The MX350 Dirt Rocket is a scaled down, electric powered motocross bike that offers younger riders a way to live out their off-road fantasies. With a high torque motor, large, knobby tires, and speeds up to 12 miles per hour, the MX350 leaves similar pocket dirt bikes in its dust.
- Super quiet, single speed, chain driven motor
- High torque motor
- Large, knobby tires
- Speeds up to 12 miles per hour
- Twist grip throttle control
- Adjustable riser handlebars
- Hand operated rear brake
Got an appetite for dirt? The Dirt Rocket MX650 is ready to rumble. This high-performance, electric-powered dirt bike comes equipped with Supercross-inspired styling, a high-torque motor and dual suspension.
- Compact electric motocross bike with powerful 650-watt electric motor
- Carries riders at speeds of up to 17 mph; authentic dirt bike frame geometry
- Dual suspension and riser handlebars deliver smooth, comfortable ride
- Pneumatic knobby tires for maximum power transfer; quiet variable-speed, chain-driven motor
- Recommended for ages 16 and older (220-pound weight limit); 90-day warranty
8) Razor SX500 McGrath Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike
Razor Dirt Rocket SX500 Electric Motocross Bike: Authentic dirt bike frame geometry and a high-torque, variable speed motor deliver a super-charged experience. Large tires ensure a smooth ride and maximum power transfer for climbing those dirt hills ahead. Reaches speeds up to 15 mph with 40 minutes of continuous use. Features a variable speed, high torque, chain driven motor with twist-Grip acceleration control and hand operated dual disc brakes, spoked aluminum wheels with 10 x 250 supercross treaded pneumatic tires, dual suspension, adjustable riser handlebars, soft rubber grips, double crown fork, folding metal foot pegs, and retractable kickstand. Also includes, steel frame construction with shatter-resistant plastic fairings, and 36V (three 12V) sealed lead acid rechargeable battery system with charger. 12 hours recommended battery charge time. Recommended for ages 14 and older and will support a rider up to 175 pounds. The buyer and rider of the Razor SX500 are responsible for knowing and obeying all local, state and federal regulations regarding the riding and use of all Razor electric vehicles and scooters.
Have you ever wanted the feel of and reliability of a scooter without the strain of mixing oil and fuel? Those days are over with the GigaByke 750 Watt Groove Electric Scooter. Its brushless design makes it one of the most reliable electric motors around, and just in case your charge goes out there’s a pedaling system to pedal you to the nearest outlet. This scooter has a 48v 14Ah Silicon battery and lasts about 35 miles on a single charge with a max rider weight of 250 lbs. With the ability to get up to 20 mph, the GigaByke Groove Electric Scooter is the perfect scooter for short commutes or a fun ride any day of the week!
SMALL IN SIZE, BIG IN POWER
Looking slick in the red-black color, the Rosso Motors mini pocket bike is gas powered, revs up with a pull starter and is powered with a 2 stroke, air-cooled engine. Hitting the streets with 11-inch pneumatic rubber tires, front and rear breaks, you can cruise roughly 20 miles on a full tank. Size doesn’t matter, these pint-sized motorcycles for kids and adults can run as fast as 15 miles per hour!!
- Recommended Ages: Above 5 years of age
- Weight Capacity:165lbs (75kg)
- Engine: 2-stroke, air cooled, EPA approved
- Starter: Pull start
- Top Speed: 15mph (24km/hr)
- Transmission: Auto Fuel
- Tank Capacity: 1.25L
- Brakes: Disc Tires: 90/65-6.5 (11” diameter)
- Wheel Base: 26″ (91cm)
- Seat Height: 18″ (46cm)