Best Speakers For Outdoor Movie Night
Your outdoor movie just won’t be complete without a great sound system. With so many options to choose from, where do you start? In this post, we are going to help you navigate the countless options. We took a look around for cost-effective, easy to set up speakers for outdoor movie night. These systems hook up with most media players with ease and minimal extra hardware. For our recommendations for we opted for simplicity. Each of these speaker systems will provide a great sound experience with simple setup and ease of use.
Speakers are just one component of a successful movie night or outdoor theater. You will also need a projector and a screen to show your movie. Like most home theater equipment Projectors come in a huge variety of options and price ranges. For some ideas on projectors read, Projectors Under $100. You can also find screen recommendations in the following articles, Best Outdoor Movie Screens Around $100 or Best Inflatable Projector Screens.
What do I need to know about speakers?
The factors that you need to consider when making a purchase of outdoor wireless speakers for your movie night are intended use, connection type, wired vs wireless, and sound quality. We will touch base on these but for a more in-depth look take a look at this buyers guide.
Are you going to leave these outside all the time or are they just temporary? Do you want big booming sound or just some background music when you’re outside? What do you plan on hooking up to the speakers to power them? Last, you will want to think about how the speakers get mounted. Do they have wall brackets, can they stand by themselves, can you put them on a table. Where will you put them once you have them? These are all questions to consider when making your purchase.
What will you be connecting to the speakers? Will it be video games, a smart phone, DVD or Blu-Ray player, TV, Computer? Make sure you check the connection types of the media you will be using to make sure they are compatible. You will also want to make sure you have the correct cables or transmitter to connect to the speakers.
Wired vs Wireless
How do you want to connect your speakers? Are you comfortable running wires to the areas or would wireless work better for your needs. Think about how this will impact your set up and what you are most comfortable with. Again, make sure you pay attention to hardware requirements for each type of set up. You will want to make sure you have all that you need to get set up and going.
The sound quality of the speakers is another aspect to take into account, especially for the outdoors. Checking the specifications of each speaker is essential for making sure the device produces great sound quality. Some of these specifications include frequency response, wattage, sensitivity, and bass.
Now with that in mind, we have found several systems we feel will do a great job for your backyard movie theater. None of these options are meant to be permanent installations in your back yard. We wanted our list to be quick and easy to set up and then quick and easy to put away. We think you will find that we achieved this. If you are looking for more complex and permanent solutions these systems will most likely not be for you. If you have any questions about any of these units or recommendations please let us know.
Description: Mutant Media Block wireless speakers are designed to complement your outdoor decor. Perfect for some quiet background music for yourself, or playing music or a movie for a large party, you’ll also love showing off the amazing sound quality from your Media Block. And there’s no need to worry about forgetting them outside either! These speakers are built to withstand rains and more.
- Soft-touch control panel with individual volume control for fine tuning
- Advanced Automatic Phases Lock Loop (PLL) scanning system to minimize signal interference
- Wireless remote control
- Compatible with any stereo system, MP3 player, CD player, computer or television that equips with 3.5mm audio output jack
- 31.4-inch 40 Watt 2.0 Channel Soundbar: complements your home theatre system with 4 10W amplified speaker drivers, wirelessly streams all your favorite music services too.
- Multi-function connection: you can stream music from any Bluetooth devices such as a smartphone, computers(the effective distance wireless Bluetooth:10 meters/33 feet), or wired connections that include 3.5mm, Optical, Coaxial, and TF Card.
- Wall mount or table stand design. There are hang up holes on the back of the sound bar and you can hang it on the wall, save room space and decorate the empty blank wall. Easy to take it off and just make it stand on the table or when party needs, Includes Remote Control.
Description: Enhance your home entertainment system with this AmazonBasics Bluetooth Sound Bar with Built-in Subwoofer. The long, slim sound bar delivers superior audio and sits horizontally on an entertainment unit or can be mounted below your TV. It plugs in and connects wirelessly to your TV for an incredible home-theater experience.
- 31.5-inch soundbar with built-in subwoofer enhances home-audio systems
- Bluetooth technology for seamless streaming from various devices
- Full-range stereo speakers; up to 92 dB (2.1 channels)
- 4-piece 2-inch round frame; mid- to high-range drivers; 4-by-2.7-inch sub-range driver; 2-piece passive radiator
Description: ION Audio’s Tailgater Active comes ready to stream music wirelessly from any Bluetooth music player or phone, and its built-in battery will keep the music going for up to 50 hours.
Need a closer power outlet? Tailgater Active has you covered with two extra outlets built in, so you can recharge your phone or power other electronics while Tailgater Active is plugged into a generator or wall socket. Equipped for everything in your active lifestyle, Tailgater Active even has a 1/8” auxiliary input for accommodating non-Bluetooth audio sources such as CD players, digital media players, laptops and more.
- Built-in battery provides up to 50 hours of continuous music on a single charge
- Streams music wirelessly from any Bluetooth music player up to 100 feet away
- Rugged cabinet, steel handles and corner bumpers to keep it safe on outdoor trips
- Powerful 50-watt speaker system provides space-filling sound and full bass
- Built-in digital AM/FM radio with 6 preset buttons and durable rubber antenna
- Huge Stereo Sound: Enjoy crisp, clear audio with impressive volume, powered by dual ten-watt drivers.
- Booming Bass: Features MaxxBass technology and two passive subwoofers for enhanced bass performance. Hear the soaring highs and deep lows of all your favorite tracks.
- Bluetooth 4.0: Instantly connect your phone or tablet from up to 33 feet away. Speaker automatically reconnects to the last device used. Compact size lets you easily move it around from room to room.
- 8 Hours of Music: Boasting a 5200mAh lithium-ion battery, this Bluetooth speaker can play up to 160 songs at the mid-level volume on a single charge. (Playtime varies by volume level and audio content).
- What You Get: Anker Premium Stereo Bluetooth Speaker, Micro USB cable, 3.5mm audio cable, welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
Description: Bring your music, movies and games to life with 200 watts of window-rattling power, studio-quality THX-certified audio and deep, fat bass you can feel. Just plug in your entertainment gear and this compact system immerses you in big, bold room-filling sound.
- THX-certified 2.1 speaker system brings your music, movies, and games to life in immersive studio-quality audio
- 400Watts of Peak/200Watts (RMS) gives you the power to listen as loud as you want to while the on-speaker controls lets you easily dial the volume and bass up or down
- RCA and 3.5mm inputs make it easy to plug in up to three audio devices – your computer, iPod, game console, DVD player and more
- Two satellite speakers and a powerful subwoofer deliver sound big enough to fill even large entertainment rooms
Description: It’s an incredible feeling when you get engulfed in the sounds of your favorite movies, games, and TV shows. Powered by dual, massive subwoofers, this speaker system adds exceptional depth and realism to your sound effects – making you experience the action in real time.
- Bone crushing bass: for realistic music reproduction, more power is always desirable – especially in the lower frequencies!
- Two independent amplifier circuits power the two massive 5.25-inch subwoofers, for maximum efficiency and output.
- Desktop control box: adjust volume, bass, treble; switch between audio source 1 and 2; connect headphones and microphones; charge smartphones, tablets, MP3 players or Bluetooth devices.
- Package includes: two satellite speakers, one subwoofer, power adapter, 3.5mm extension cable, 3.5mm to RCA cable, subwoofer cable (dual), left satellite cable (white), right satellite cable (red), control box, user manual.